It’s not just a nice idea. It’s the most important thing you can do.
Education is one of the most important gifts we can give. When you educate a young girl you change her future, the future of her children, and even her grandchildren. An educated girl will become a woman who ensures her children are educated. An educated girl will become a woman who works harder to improve her community. An educated girl will become a woman who thrives, and helps everyone around her to thrive.
In 2013, DIL educated 19,176 students and trained 1,066 teachers. DIL goes far beyond basic education — we provide high quality, child-centred curriculum; state-of-the-art teacher and principal training and modern libraries and computer labs that help our students excel.
- Educated girls grow into educated women, who – research shows – have healthier babies and are more likely to educate their children.
- When a girl has a primary school education she marries later and has 40 percent less children.
- One extra year of primary school raises a girl’s lifetime wages by 10 – 20%
- When girls and women have the opportunity to earn income, they reinvest 90 percent of it back into their families.
- When an educated girl becomes a woman she raises the standard of living for herself, her brothers, her community, and her country.
To make your DIL donation, please select one of the options below. Your donation will support education in Pakistan through a variety of programs.
- Sponsor a child’s education: $125 (One year)
- Sponsor a child’s primary education (6 years): $750
- Sponsor a classroom (1 year): $3,000
- Sponsor a Science lab: $5,000
- Sponsor a school computer lab: $6,000
- School improvement: Any amount
To make your DIL donation, please select one of the options below. Your donation can help support education in Pakistan through a variety of programs. Remember, just $125 pays for a child’s yearly education cost, that’s less than $10.50 per month, and it’s tax deductible!
United Way Workplace Campaigns
Since DIL Canada is a registered Canadian charity, you can also donate to us through your Workplace United Way Campaigns.
Just fill out the information in your pledge form as shown below.
- Canadian Charity Name: DIL Canada ;
- Registered Charity Number: 84448 0467 RR000
Mail Your Donation
Please send a cheque made payable to DIL Canada, and send it via mail to the following address:
Developments in Literacy
5359 Canotek Road